Free Class Trial
Brown’s Gymnastics has a free trial class program that allows your child to participate in a current class free of charge. We hope that this program will make selecting a class for your child easier. Trial classes are only available in classes that have not reached their class maximum or the student/teacher ratio. For the Parent Tot Classes the ratio is 10/1; for the girls’ and boys’ recreational classes, the ratio is 8/1.
In order to participate in a free trial class, please call ahead to see if the class you are interested in is available; if it is, the office staff will schedule your child’s attendance over the phone. Olympic Tots, Junior Pre-Team, and Pre-Team classes are by invitation only. Additionally, the Girls Competitive Team is also only by invitation from Brown’s head coach. Please call the front desk for further details.
Pre-School Age Programs (Ages 18 Months – 4 Years)
Invitation Only Programs (Ages 3 – 5 Years)
Recreational Programs (Ages 5 Years and Up)
- Red – This is a beginner level class. Girls at this level will learn the basics on all four gymnastics events—vault, bars, beam, and floor—as well as develop increased levels of flexibility and strength.
- Orange – Girls at this level have moved a step beyond the basics and are further developing their skills on all gymnastics apparatus.
- Yellow – This level aims to not only improve the basics, but to also introduce intermediate level skills on all gymnastics events.
The following levels prepare any interested girls for possible movement into our pre-team and competitive program. At these levels, moving into one of these more advanced programs is still just an option, not a requirement. Girls in Green or above may choose to continue to advance in our Rainbow Program or attend a bi-annual pre-team or Xcel team tryout.
- Green – This class further develops the girls intermediate skills and works to increase the strength and flexibility required to help them progress in their gymnastics.
- Blue – Girls at this level have developed competency of the basics and are moving toward more advanced skills on all gymnastics events.
- Purple – The highest level of our recreational program. Girls at this level are working more difficult and challenging skills on all events.